Monday, April 18, 2011

San Carlos Elms Published Poets reflect on their party....

"Don't Cry, My Dear!"
by Lou Mohler

A party happened and they made me a star!
For my "sort of" poems, I've written so far.
But the group was gracious and listened good
To the rhyme I read, when told I should.
It was printed in a state wide "form".
A magazine to do with "retirement norm"!
It's fun living in a place like this
how could we cry when having such bliss!

Untitled
A poem By Rosemary Bishop

Take tea and see!
Come to a happy party
For the "girl poets" Lou and me.
Let's eat and drink-Oh so hearty.

All are invited.
Residents filled the room.
All are delighted.
It was such a pleasant afternoon.

We had no idea that it was going to be,
and such a big beautiful cake
I did not know --neither did she
A great piece we did take.

The top was covered with red roses
made of whipped cream
How many? We didn't count noses.
It was like a wonderful dream.

Why did Kathleen do all that?
Kathleen is such a Dear.
It makes me huff and puff!
For her let us "Cheer and Cheer"!


No comments:

A.C.C. Lunch

 The Elms was proud to be a sponsor for The Adult Community Center's Spring lunch.